Nobody likes a boring product launch. People need to get excited! Building up anticipation and curiosity should be the focus of your pre-launch strategy — and lucky for you, we’ve got 14 ways to do just that.
1. Get to know your audience and build strong relationships with them.
Have a clear understanding of what they need, want, desire, and struggle with, and how that relates to your product. Figure out where they spend their time online so you can talk to them there.
2. Hold a big event for your launch. It should be something fun and entertaining that will make your product launch a big splash.
3. Hold some small pre-launch events that include free giveaways and a chance to gather customer feedback.
4. Talk about the benefits of your product. Emphasize the way it concretely improves the lives of its users. Through your marketing content, paint a vivid, enticing picture of what life will be like with the product.
5. Ramp up the excitement as you approach the big day. Share more content, interact more with your audience, and keep reminding them that the launch is coming.
6. Choose the right launch date. Figure out when the buying season for your market is. If you can, tie it in with something seasonal or something that’s currently being talked about.
7. Offer pre-orders. Add a discount, freebie, or incentive to pre-orders and announce how many pre-orders you’re getting as the launch day approaches to show that people are excited about buying early. Combine pre-orders with scarcity tactics for the best results.
8. Create a sense of mystery. Slowly and gradually reveal information about your product. Produce teaser content. Offer hints about what’s to come.
9. Enlist influencers early on in the pre-launch phase and get them talking about your product. See if you can make it seem to your audience like everybody everywhere is talking about it.
10. Offer a behind-the-scenes look. A great way to do this is to make a behind-the-scenes video that shows the inside of your company, product, or industry.
11. Create branded hashtags and encourage people to use them for conversations related to your product.
12. Hold contests related to your product that your audience can join. Social media platforms have built-in tools that make holding contests easy.
13. Use a countdown timer as you get closer to the event. Keep reminding people how many days are left until launch.
There’s no such thing as too much buzz when it comes to a product launch, so put your efforts into building this excitement! Keep track of your activities and track metrics so you can see what works and what doesn’t and do it even better next time.
If you’ve got a big launch coming up and you can use some extra guidance and support, schedule a call with me here. Through my target market research and content marketing strategies, I can help your business scale to seven figures (without stress).