Okay, so it’s that time of year again, the time when we all come together to take a look at the digital trends for the new year.
What does the marketing crystal ball say for 2022?
As the industry exits a second year of keeping up and coping with global pandemic conditions and, with that, an ever-more digitally savvy and aware consumer, it is very clear that digital marketing will face another evolution in 2022.
Are you ready for shifts in the way that the marketing industry approaches inclusive marketing campaigns, video content, and more? Here is what you can expect this year:
2022 Marketing Trend #1: Video content marketing
Short-form content in the form of videos is on the rise in the industry, and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. TikTok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts are some of the top video-based content platforms today. All thanks to their ability to grab attention and, in turn, lead to better engagement than the other content, it’s predicted that video marketing will play an even more prominent role in marketing in 2022. It has actually been found that the Instagram algorithm heavily favors Reels.
In other words, more videos mean more exposure.
How you can be prepared for the rise of video content marketing:
- Invest some valuable time into producing high-quality video content for your brand.
- Get busy and stay active on platforms such as TikTok and Instagram Reels.
2022 Marketing Trend #2: Influencer marketing
In these influencer marketing predictions for 2022, Brian Mechem, Co-founder of top influencer marketplace GRIN, says, “2022 is the year of the creator.”
By the end of the year, influencer marketing is expected to evolve into a $15 billion industry. Most of the growth is largely due to Tik Tok’s fast rise. Influencers have proven time and time again that their loyal fans won’t hesitate to follow them across platforms.
Almost fifty percent of marketers are saying that they’re going to be spending more than 20% of their budget on influencer content.
Here are tips to keep up with influencer marketing:
- Invest more into influencer marketing.
- Video content production should be prioritized with your creators.
- Use any and all social media platforms available, don’t limit yourself to just one.
2022 Marketing Trend #3: Live Streaming
The majority of viewers find streaming highly engaging.
The facts say that watch time for live content is up 250%. This marketing trend is an excellent way for you and other brands to show your personality and values authentically.
Live Streaming gets users to be able to relate better to brands and be more comfortable buying the products.
Popular features like Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Twitter Live, and YouTube Live are all very famous for this live streaming and this type of marketing.
Fun ideas for a live stream:
- Host a Q&A to answer commonly asked questions
- Announce a new product release
- Introduce yourself
2022 Marketing Trend #4: Organic SEO
Sending traffic to your website through SEO is a great marketing strategy that’s not going anywhere soon. In this year, SEO will still be a top source of new traffic for the majority of companies.
SEO tips and trends:
- Blogging: If you haven’t started yet, you are missing out; create a blog for your business so that you can rank for more keywords related to your products, services, and industry.
- Write long-form content: It is known that search engines like long-form content.
- Have a mobile-friendly website: Almost 60% of all searches made are carried out on a mobile device.
2022 Marketing Trend #5: Inclusive Marketing
Having an inclusive marketing strategy isn’t only about showcasing diverse photos on your website or social media. Our world has shifted, and we must understand that being inclusive and respectful to everyone is the new normal.
Inclusive marketing tips:
- Try to feature and focus on a different group in each marketing campaign.
- Try to use real people and real stories. Consumers want to know that the representation actually exists instead of a fictional character.
What digital marketing trends do you see coming in 2022? Let us know in the comments below.
OMG DID WE JUST BECOME BESTIES?!
I mean, you DID make it all the way to the bottom of this page. Which means you’re a total Word Nerd – and if you’re a word nerd, why are you not on my email list? Let’s fix that!